1. Establish a to-do list: This will help you to organize and prioritize your tasks (and also remind you of any outstanding tasks from the previous day), helping you to structure your day. Many people also find it motivating when they’ve ticked something off their to-do list!
2. Take breaks: Studies have shown that taking short breaks can help us to be more productive and come back to our desk with renewed energy and purpose. Leaving your desk and going for a short walk to get some fresh air can prevent you from flagging and allow you to continue your day feeling energized and refreshed.
3. Eliminate distractions: Are you able to disconnect from the internet while you focus on the task at hand? Working online could potentially be one of your biggest distractions as you pause what you’re doing to check your Inbox or a social media account.
4. Get a good night’s sleep: If you haven’t slept well you’re going to find it much harder to be able to focus at work. This may intensify as the day goes on and your tiredness catches up with you. Experts recommend adults need a solid 7-9 hours sleep every night to function at their best.
5. Exercise regularly: There are many studies that prove the health benefits of regular exercise. These include increased energy levels, a sharper focus and increased levels of productivity. This doesn’t mean you need to spend hours in the gym, as little as 30 minutes a day can make a big difference.